Welcome to the OLA Filipino Ministries
Join our group and get involved:
Our Lady of Angels Multicultural Group (OMG): A ministry welcoming new and regular parishioners to get involved in different ministries at Our Lady of Angels, Burlingame.
- Grade Mass: Every Sunday, adult volunteers and mass coordinators are needed for the 6pm mass. Please arrive at 5:30pm to receive instructions for your role.
- Movie Night for All Ages: OLA Family Movie admission is free and is hosted once a month at 6pm after the 5pm mass. Each movie night event is hosted by a different organization in our parish. Food is provided and fellowship follows. The movie location is in the Parish Lower Hall.
Eucharistic Ministers: To serve during the 6pm mass of the first, third, fourth and fifth. Sundays of each month. (appropriate training will be undertaken for the first timers).
Lectors and/or Readers: To serve during the 6pm mass of the first, third, fourth and fifth Sundays of each month.Training will be provided for new lectors and/or readers.
For more information, please call (510) 331-1801 or contact Gene Rebosura.
Filipino Choir: We’d like to invite you to sing during the 6pm mass every first and third Sundays of each month. Join a group of young Fil-Ams singing praise and worship songs. Singers and instrumentalists are welcome. Please contact Aivy Castillo at (650) 796-3794 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spiritual Events: Celebrate Faith Traditions
First Friday Mass of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Date and Location: Every First Friday of the month in the Lower Hall at 8:30pm.
- Description: A special Mass celebrated in honor of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Priestly blessing for the monthly birthday and anniversary celebrants, novena prayer, charismatic praise and worship music. The mass ends with a potluck dinner. (Christmas Party during the first Friday of December).
Our Lady of Manaoag Anniversary Mass
- Date and Location: Every First Sunday of March at 6pm.
- Description: A special Mass celebrating the Anniversary of Our Lady of Manaoag. Recitation of the Rosary and procession up to the hall of Saints where the statue of our Lady is enshrined. Marian and Filipino music during the Mass.
Annual Obando Feast (More info)
- Date and Location: Every third Saturday of May. Mass starts at 11am in the morning followed by the traditional dance procession from the church to the gymnasium for lunch, entertainment, and a fun-filled program.
- Description: Feasts are a huge part of parish life in the Philippines. Still, in Obando, a town on Manila Bay, one church’s feast is famous for an unusual element, a fertility dance that serves as a form of prayer for couples who are hoping to conceive a child. A special Mass in honor of the three saints, St Clare of Assisi, St. Paschal Baylon, and Nuestra Senora de Salambao and fertility dance.
Annual Santo Nino de Cebu Fiesta
- Date and Location: Every third Sunday of January at the 6pm Mass. There will be a procession to the Hall of Saints where the statue is enshrined, and a reception will follow at the Parish Lower Hall.
- Description: A special Mass celebrating the feast day of Senor Santo Nino de Cebu Blessing of Santo Nino icons and statues.
Simbang Gabi (A Novena of Advent Masses)
- Date and Location: Mass starts from December 15th - December 23rd at 7pm. First day celebrated by the Archbishop or Bishop of the Archdiocese of San Francisco and music by different choirs in the deanery. Reception follows only during the first day.
- Description: 9-day Special concelebrated Masses celebrated by various churches belonging to Deanery 10 (Immaculate Heart of Mary, Our Lady of Angels, Our Lady of the Pillar, St. Bartholomew, St. Catherine of Sienna, St. Gregory, St. Luke, St. Mark and St. Matthew).