What is Confirmation?
- We become a more visible member of the Church
- We celebrate the presence of the Holy Spirit
- Grow to become a witness to our faith, living in such a way that others can see what we believe
- We express OUR faith for OURSELVES
- We accept in our own name our responsibilities as followers of Jesus
Our confirmation program is a two-year program. This year’s program will be preparing candidates receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation by “understanding the initiation process as a faith journey of the whole physical, psychological, intellectual and spiritual self.” Our program offers service activities, faith sharing, and spiritual opportunities for families and sponsors to become one in Christ.
For more information, please email us here.
Our Confirmation Candidates are required to perform a total of 20 hours of service. The 20 hours will be split into two services; Parish Service (10) hours (i.e. Altar Service, Lector, Collector, Choir, Fun Faire, Retreat Leader, etc.) and Community Service (10) hours (i.e. tutoring, beach clean up, SPCA service, camp leaders, coaching, refereeing, etc. as long no pay or compensation is given to the candidate).
Hours counted for Service submission must be done after May 1, 2018 and are due April 1, 2019.